Dwayne Johnson isn’t just a swoon-worthy stack of muscles and acting skills — he’s a family man with integrity and a feminist. Here are all the reasons why we love The Rock, and why he’s one of the best celebrity dads to ever exist.
1. His relationship with his ex is so strong that she became his manager in 2008 and brought his career to the dizzying heights it’s at today. He didn’t burn bridges in his divorce, which is a fabulous role model move as a dad.
2. He always emphasizes kindness, even through all the games and craziness. He shows his kids that success doesn’t need to get to your head, and has been quoted saying “very few people emphasize how important being kind is when making it big. But it’s crucial.”
3. Although he’s considered one of the toughest guys in the world, The Rock has gotten vulnerable and opened up about going through depression, but wants to remind people that even though “dudes have a tendency to keep it in”, they’re “not alone.” Opening up doesn’t make you less of a man, according to The Rock. It makes you more of one.
4. His priority has always been to be a great dad, as he said on an episode of Oprah’s Master Class back in 2015. He shared that when his daughter was born, he told her, “I will always, always take care of you for the rest of your life. You are safe.”
5. He said on an IG post, “Every man wants a son, but every man needs a daughter.” Johnson is surrounded by women in his life, with his wife and three daughters, and he wouldn’t have it in any other way, calling them the “great equalizers in my life.”
6. He always believes in encouraging his kids’ dreams, and also opening up about your own mistakes from the past to your kids, or “stumbles” as he calls them. However, Dwayne believes forgiveness is key, as he says everyone deserves to “get up and walk again.”
7. When The Rock’s daughter Jasmine started crying during a photo op with Santa Claus, Dwayne made it up to her by dressing up like Pikachu from Pokemon, which automatically turned her grown into a smile. Papa bear to the rescue!
8. He brings his daughters to award shows all the time. He brought Simone to the 2017 People’s Choice Awards as well as the 2016 Golden Globes, and we’re sure that we’ll see the kiddos on more red carpet events.
9. While some dads would avoid bath time, Dwayne Johnson was quoted in 2016 saying that he loves bath time with Jasmine, saying “It’s my job, and I love filling up the baby tub and I get Jasmine’s toys, making everything right. And then I say my thing, ‘All right, Daddy’s ready!’ And in she comes, and she’s kicking and she’s so happy. I own being the daddy. I love it.” BRB while our hearts melt.
10. Johnson has always believed that masculinity and vulnerability are not mutually exclusive things, and that there’s a powerful rush in putting your pride aside and getting real with your partner. We love a dad who speaks out against toxic masculinity!
11. He has an influential social media presence, and could easily get away just showing off that hulking physique. Instead, he motivated the masses with his positive attitude and on-point morals on how to live your life and treat your loved ones. His daughter Simone has been influenced by him and uses her own platform for social good, with her dad frequently telling her she can do anything she puts her mind to.
12. The Rock comes from Polynesian roots, where family values are #1. He upholds this tradition with pride, and when he’s not training or filming, he’s always either spending time with his family, or Facetiming them.
13. When The Rock discovered that his daughter Tiana was obsessed with Aquaman as played by Jason Mamoa, he went straight to the source and got Jason to make a video for his precious baby girl. In his words on Instagram, “I had to make the call…it’s what daddy’s do.”
14. Even though he’s a big star, he knows that there’s nothing more important than cherishing time with your children. In a pic where he’s holding Jasmine and Tiana, he wrote “I ain’t gonna be able to hold ’em like this forever, so you better believe I snatch these cookies and love ’em up every moment I can.”